Join the Dovetail Team!
If you're a media relations pro, and others tell you you're among the best in your field, then we want to hear from you. If you're looking for a job with rapid advancement potential based not on years of experience but on the quality of your work, check us out. And if want to work in a sane environment with a great team, look no further.
Dovetail offers outstanding growth opportunities, competitive compensation, annual profit sharing for all employees, and casual dress everyday.
Dovetail is conveniently located in beautiful Los Gatos, within one block of Starbucks, Peets Coffee, Jamba Juice, High Tech Burrito, Togos and Whole Foods Market.
Dovetail's Mission Statement
For employees, Dovetail offers a fast-paced work environment where honesty, personal respect, teamwork and professional growth are our guiding principles. For clients, Dovetail is a top flight agency that delivers exceptional strategic guidance and results on a consistent basis. For the media, Dovetail is a valued partner known for great stories, great ideas and rapid responsiveness.
Account Executive (No current positions. Accepting resumes for future openings)
Requirements of the ideal candidate:
Relocation assistance not provided.
- 1-2 years hands-on media relations experience at a PR agency
- Referenceable working relationships with tech media and bloggers
- Computer security client experience a plus
- Great writer (pitches, press releases)
- Strong and articulate verbal communications ability
- High self-esteem and confidence, but not arrogant
- Passionate about technology
- Social media savvy
- Not afraid to take chances and fall on your face (and learn from the experience)
- A curious and inquisitive personality - you're not afraid to ask questions, you want to peel away the layers of the onion
- You're honest to a fault
- Prior agency experience required
- Four year degree in marketing, public relations, business or journalism
- Should live in the South Bay (no long commutes).
Responsibilities include media and analyst relations, writing (press releases, pitches, plans), strategy, editorial calendaring, list generation and client management. Most of your time will be spent on the phone and email, working with clients and reporters.
Interested to join the Dovetail team? Follow the application instructions at the bottom of this page.
Dovetail will handle all applications in the strictest confidence.
Preference will be shown to candidates who follow the instructions below:
To apply, please email your information to Mark Coker.
- study our clients and our web site prior to contacting Mark below
- state why you think you're a good fit for Dovetail
- paste your resume into the body of your email (no file attachments please!!!)
- include your salary expectations and your salary history
- (bonus points) include hyperlinks to recent story placements and press releases you wrote
- (quadruple bonus points) include references to working journalists who can talk about why they enjoy working with you.